Thursday, May 23, 2013

Not for NOVA but a kindred spirit



Hello all,

I just wanted to share an activity I was able to participate in this past weekend. This is not NOVA related but in the spirit of what the NOVA is at heart I thought it appropriate.

Last Sunday the 2013 Marine Corps Historic half was held in Fredericksburg, Virgina. I was drafted by the missis to to support the runners at mile marker 8 as part of Team Fisher House. We wore Cow hats and rang cowbells cheering the runners on. This yeas theme was "Get more cowbell" this was reference to the SNL sketch from back in 2000

 By the end of 3 hours I could  hardly stand under my own power but it was an amazing experience! I intend to wear the cow had at the NOVA this year so if you see it you will know what it's about. 

Pictures from race day can be found here.

Till next time,

RGH

No comments:

Post a Comment