Sunday, June 29, 2014

Build session June 28 2014



Hello All,

Well friends another build session has come and gone. This time the air was thick with mist of airbrushes. at one point we had 6 going at the same time. (I don't want that power bill...) It was a dig in and get it done kind of day.

I arrived early as I knew I was going to have to leave between 2 and 3 so I wanted to make sure I maximized my productivity. The wife dropped me off a little after 9

 
 
I was NOT the first one there... The head of operations with his family beat me in. Shortly after I arrived we set up the tents.
 
 
And then the Airbrush stations
 


These were a little later in the day but you get the idea.



 
From the start I focused on the Tundra pieces for Malifaux as I spent sooooo much time on the center pieces I want the rest of the table to look good too. I ran into a small problem. The base coats on the tundra terrain was primed a blue grey that looks neat but took several layers to make it look more white (like snow) I think they came out pretty good.
 
Near finished


2 or 3 coats in


The full set
 
There were enough folks there so that air brushing was not the only thing going on. There was a lot of Priming:
 



Ready for air brushing

And Finishing...
 
 



This stuff is looking good
Lunch was Chinese food Mmmmmm.


 
Sorry the food was gone faster than I could snap the photo
====================================
 
As a special treat John Stiening, one of the NOVA Open Charitable Foundation artists,  stopped by to show us the amazing Imperial Knight that is on the raffle block for 2014. This thing is so awesome! take a look.
 




WOW. Seriously if you have not bought some tickets for this WHAT IS THE MATTER WITH YOU?! See the RGH real soon for more pictures of this rocking model.


===================================

One last thing check out what I found.


Remember this?


Check this out. It was real and at the north pole!

Weird huh?
 
 
Well that's it for now.
 
Till next time.
 
RGH

No comments:

Post a Comment